Quarantine Gaming | Gaming Events

Quarantine Gaming

GamesOfDAYNE

Feb 10, 2020
I myself, no doubt like a lot of you, am currently on leave from work because I am sick and at high risk of catching this nasty virus. As a result, I am getting a LOT more gaming in than usual, up to 16+ hours a day. I am going to devastate my backlog while this is happening and would like to know what you guys are playing to stay safe, inside and away from the sickness.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Founder
Staff
Jan 24, 2020
I myself, no doubt like a lot of you, am currently on leave from work because I am sick and at high risk of catching this nasty virus. As a result, I am getting a LOT more gaming in than usual, up to 16+ hours a day. I am going to devastate my backlog while this is happening and would like to know what you guys are playing to stay safe, inside and away from the sickness.
I dont know how I missed this, I was a bit unwell a week and a half ago (not COVID) so I've been a bit slack here. However, I've also been playing games for 12 hours a day or so, particularly while we're forced inside. As a result, I'll be streaming fulltime on the GamingEvents Twitch account from tomorrow. How is everyone else doing in these crazy times?

Reactions: GamesOfDAYNE

GamesOfDAYNE

Feb 10, 2020
I dont know how I missed this, I was a bit unwell a week and a half ago (not COVID) so I've been a bit slack here. However, I've also been playing games for 12 hours a day or so, particularly while we're forced inside. As a result, I'll be streaming fulltime on the GamingEvents Twitch account from tomorrow. How is everyone else doing in these crazy times?
I’ve been crazy sick too (also not COVID), that sounds like very productive use of your free time! Looking forward to that. The positive of being quarantined is this is what we’ve trained for haha

Chris

Founder
Staff
Jan 24, 2020
I’ve been crazy sick too (also not COVID), that sounds like very productive use of your free time! Looking forward to that. The positive of being quarantined is this is what we’ve trained for haha
You're not wrong! I've always had the hardware to Stream (and that was a big, planned part of this website - later in the year we plan to setup a streaming studio). But as I'm currently stuck at home and playing games, I thought it might be a good idea to just stream games anyway. It might be a bit more productive.

Reactions: GamesOfDAYNE

Chris

Founder
Staff
Jan 24, 2020
Now is as good a time as any I guess! What have you been playing?
A lot of the Division 2. I plan to play (in no particular order);
  • Doom Eternal
  • Ori & The Will of the Wisps
  • Division 2
  • Halo Master Chief Collection
  • Phantasy Star Online
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Rocket League
  • Overwatch
  • Destiny 2
  • COD: Warzone
  • And any other games that take my fancy over the next few weeks!

GamesOfDAYNE

Feb 10, 2020
Damn, nice list! Busy man right there and all is prime streaming material for sure! If you have a PS be sure to check out the Predator: Hunting Grounds trial before it ends tomorrow morning, that game is epic fun!

Johnny Stooge

Feb 14, 2020
I had been smashing out Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth but I've now finished that. Honestly, not for a handheld RPG and has a few things in there that Pokemon could learn from.

But in the last week I've picked up Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Control (PS4) with FFVII Remake pre-ordered. Oh, and a little bit of CoD: Modern Warfare and Warzone mixed in for fun when I need to unwind after a day of WFH. I suck but it's fun.

I'd say I'm pretty well set for a while. It's certainly nice to visit beaches in Animal Crossing when I can't do that in real life.

Chris

Founder
Staff
Jan 24, 2020
I had been smashing out Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth but I've now finished that. Honestly, not for a handheld RPG and has a few things in there that Pokemon could learn from.

But in the last week I've picked up Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Control (PS4) with FFVII Remake pre-ordered. Oh, and a little bit of CoD: Modern Warfare and Warzone mixed in for fun when I need to unwind after a day of WFH. I suck but it's fun.

I'd say I'm pretty well set for a while. It's certainly nice to visit beaches in Animal Crossing when I can't do that in real life.
We're actually quite lucky in that regard. There's been a lot of fun, new releases to keep us occupied inside with. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is doing very well - I think I saw it had about 88k viewers on Twitch the other day.

Johnny Stooge

Feb 14, 2020
We're actually quite lucky in that regard. There's been a lot of fun, new releases to keep us occupied inside with. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is doing very well - I think I saw it had about 88k viewers on Twitch the other day.
It's just such a relaxing, low stress game. But fun. And gives you a reason to check in everyday.

Chris

Founder
Staff
Jan 24, 2020
It's just such a relaxing, low stress game. But fun. And gives you a reason to check in everyday.
I played one ages ago.. I think it was called New Leaf? I can't remember, haha! But it was definitely the perfect game for the current situation we're in.