FF7 Remake released 10 days early in Australia | Gaming Events

FF7 Remake released 10 days early in Australia

Poimandres

Feb 10, 2020
So, as of this morning Australian stores are selling physical copies of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. The game wasn't due for release until the 10th April.

Does anyone have any idea what's actually going on here? Seems pretty unprecedented, and I'm tempted to go pick a copy up!

Chris

Founder
Staff
Jan 24, 2020
I just saw this, it looks like they're selling it in stores with limited copies? I'd call your local EB / JB ahead of time to see what the deal is. The official release date is still April 10, so I've left it as that in our events calendar, but it is definitely being sold today in stores.

Poimandres

Feb 10, 2020
People have been getting copies from Big W as well. Not sure about other stores.

Square Enix did make a post a few days ago about sending copies to Australian retailers earlier than usual to ensure they were available on launch day, but I don't think anyone expected this to happen quite so soon!

Feels good to get a game early for once. I still remember waiting possibly years for games to get a PAL release back in the 90s.

Chris

Founder
Staff
Jan 24, 2020
People have been getting copies from Big W as well. Not sure about other stores.

Square Enix did make a post a few days ago about sending copies to Australian retailers earlier than usual to ensure they were available on launch day, but I don't think anyone expected this to happen quite so soon!

Feels good to get a game early for once. I still remember waiting possibly years for games to get a PAL release back in the 90s.
Did you investigate any further?

Munxee

Feb 13, 2020
I'm happy they decided to give it to Australians early literally everything else comes out here last or the digital version is released at sometime stupid like 3am for us so we still don't play it for hours after the rest of the world has already started

Reactions: Chris

Poimandres

Feb 10, 2020
Did you investigate any further?
Looks like most EBs and JBs are stocked up, but not as many limited editions floating around (which makes sense!).

Impressions from those playing seem good, so this might be a winner!